We recently had the chance to chat with the lovely Sheila Saramita from “The Veiled.” During the interview, Sheila talked about getting her start in the entertainment industry, working on “The Melody Trice Show”, upcoming projects, and more!
- How did you get your start in the entertainment industry?
I didn’t plan it at all. I was living in Sydney, Australia and just taking acting classes for fun. I landed a role in a film just a month after my first acting class. I have always loved acting. Acting is my passion and now I am getting into filmmaking which I love.
- What was your first project?
My first project was a short film called “The Veiled”, that I filmed when I lived in Sydney.
- How did you land your role on “The Veiled”?
I was in an American Accent workshop when a producer saw me performing a monologue. She gave me her business card and asked me to come for an audition. That audition was for “The Veiled”.
- How would you describe the project?
The project was written and directed by Glenn Fraser, an award winning Australian director. The film is centered around a woman who uncovers the dark secret of human sex trafficking while visiting Greece. She risks everything to save the girls she finds.
- What character did you play?
I played a character called Indah who is the oldest of the victims in the film.
- What can you tell us about “The Melody Trice Show”?
I was in The Melody Trice Show in September which was my first live interview. It was so much fun. Melody is a really nice person and she made my first live interview smooth and fun!
- Do you have any other upcoming projects that fans can look forward to in 2018?
I am currently writing a comedy short film which I hope I can film soon.
- What are your goals for 2018?
My goals in 2018 are to make my own films. Right now I’m studying screenwriting and film making.
- What are your social media accounts?
My Instagram account is @sheillagram
Click HERE to subscribe to see more of Sheila on our channel!