- How did you get your start in the entertainment industry?
I have been acting since doing theatre in high school. Once i got to Texas State University i did background on Friday night lights and then once i moved to New York it really took off with All My Children went it started online!
- How did you land your role on “General Hospital”?
I actually was at the Daytime Emmys in 2015 and i informed Frank Valentini how much i admired the show. I informed him i would love to audition one day and if there was ever any roles he thought i could do let me know. So he did.
- What is a typical day like on-set?
Busy and quick. This genre is one of the hardest working there is. I sit back and watch the masters at work and it’s truly a blessing.
- What is a behind-the-scenes secret you can share with us?
Hmmmm. I don’t think i can. They would kill me. Oooo actually last year James Patrick Stuart (Valentin) sang live when they recorded that for the Nurses ball. He was spectacular.
- Why do you think the show does so well?
Frank. Hands down. And honestly all the actors there are dedicated. Laura, Maurice, Nancy, Kelly, Kirsten, Dominic, Finola i mean everyone. The performances that come from those people in even the smallest scenes are so good. I also wanted to mention Brytni Sharpy who without her i would not have survived my first day on GH. She’s a ball of talent.
- You’ve also created and been a part of Amazon’s “Pride” the series. What inspired that project?
You know i felt that all LGBT shows on air didnt have the rawness of what my friends and i feel we experience in the community. While Queer as Folk and Noah’s Arc were amazing and definitely inspirations, i wanted to see how it would fair for younger adults who were working to get to the point of those characters from other shows such as Queer as Folk and Noah’s Arc.
- What is the project about?
It’s really a coming of age story of people who are LGBT and the people in their life. There are many aspects in being different but when those differences are lived out in New York City, it’s a whole different experience in and of itself .
- What has been your favorite episode to work on so far and why?
In Season 1 and 2 i always love the group party episodes. You never know what can come from those! You interact with so many characters you may not always share scenes with so those end up being rewarding
- What do you think draws fans to the show?
The difference. It may not be full of six pack abs and stereotypical LGBT stories but the rawness and realness of it definitely ropes people in.
- Do you have any other upcoming projects you want to share with us?
I am currently working on another digital series called Asunder. I am also about to film more General Hospital soon!
- What are your social media accounts?
@DorellAnthony on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
Subscribe to see more of Dorell on our channel!