Exclusive Interview with Actress Brittany Ross (@BrittanyRoss1)
We recently had the chance to speak with Brittany Ross. Brittany told us about her role ‘Candis’ on Pair of Kings as well as the role ‘Courtney’ on The Middle. She is such a young, talented and sweet young lady. Make sure to check out the interview below!
1. How did you get started in acting?
I started acting when I was five years old living in Texas. I kind of fell into it, liked it, and then made my mom let me do it! I moved to South America, and started working a lot. There was not much blonde haired blue eyed competition over there! I did a lot of modeling, and even some commercials in Spanish.
In High School, I stopped acting and put all of energy into competitive cheerleading. In college I took a real acting class, and fell in love. I started working again as an actress, and finished college early so I could move to LA!
2. What was your first project?
My first project was a commercial for the Houston Astros when I was 5 years old.
3. How has your life changed since you have became an actress?
I get to be silly and play pretend with my friends for a living. I feel so blessed to get to do what I do, and wouldn’t trade it for anything!
4. What do you like to do on your free time?
I LOVE laughter! I love adventuring! I love to be outside, and explore new place! I’m an avid runner, and a big fan of yoga. I love spending time with my family and friends. Oh, and spontaneous dance parties in random places are pretty enjoyable 😉
5. What was it like working on Pair of Kings?
Candis was my dream role to play! I have such a special place in my heart for that show, and am so grateful to have been a part of it. The writers and cast were hilarious, and I always had a blast when I was there.
6. What was your favorite episode to film?
Gosh, that’s a tough one! They were all so fun! If I have to pick one, I’d say my first episode when I fell in the volcano. I mean, my hair caught on fire…it’s kinda hard to beat that!
7. How would you describe your character from The Middle?
Courtney may seem like the mean girl, but I really feel she has no idea of her poor behavior. She’s completely oblivious of it, and thinks she’s being helpful. I always say she’s mean for the greater good.
8. What has been your favorite character you’ve played so far?
I’m picking 2! Courtney and Candis! They’ve both given me so much!
9. If you could appear in a television show or movie which one would it be and why?
Ooo, there are SO many! For TV I would …The Big Bang Theory!
My dream movie role is Goldie Hawn’s role in “Private Benjamin.”
10. Who are your favorite actresses and or actors?
Goldie Hawn is my all time favorite! I’ve followed her career since I was 5 years old. She is such a smart woman, and has used it to play the ditzy blonde role brilliantly. She has so much heat in all of her work.
I also love Kristin Chenoweth…gotta love that voice! She not only embraces her uniqueness, but lets it shine!!
And one more…Reese Witherspoon! She also uses her intelligence to play the blonde role. Plus, Election is such a fantastic movie.
11. Who are your favorite singers?
I’m a country music fan. Sugarland is my all time fav. I also love rockin out to Florence and the Machine, and Jason Mraz speaks to my soul!
12. How would you describe your fashion style?
I think fashion is all about knowing what works for your body. If it makes me feel good I’ll wear it!
13. What are your favorite stores?
My friend has an online clothing store called Excess Baggage. I love getting my clothes from there because they are different, and fit me just right!
14. What has been the best piece of advice someone has given you?
Embrace your Uniqueness, and be the absolute best version of yourself!
15. Do you have anything you want to say to your fans who have been supporting you?
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You ROCK!
16. Do you have any social media accounts where your fans can stay connected with you?