Interview with Paris Smith From “Every Witch Way” (@parisstweets)
We recently had the chance to chat with Paris Smith star of “Every Witch Way” on Nickelodeon. She told us about her character on the show, what she likes to do when she is not working, her dancing, and more! Be sure to check out the interview below:
1. How did you get your start in acting?
I started in TUTS Theater program at age 5 in Houston, Texas.
2. What was your first project?
The feature film “Puncture” with Chris Evans.
3. How long have you been acting?
I have been acting for 7 years.
4. What is your dream role?
I would have a lot of fun playing a ditzy character, because it requires strong comedy. Or a character that is a twin!
5. If you could work with another actor, who would it be and why?
Leonardo DiCaprio because he’s a great actor and he is in my favorite movie “The Great Gatsby,” and Ariana Grande because she is awesome in “Sam and Cat” and I love her singing!
6. Can you tell us about “Every Witch Way” and your character?
“Every Witch Way” is about a girl who comes to a new school and she likes this boy who is my boyfriend. We both fight over him a lot and we figure out that we both have magic powers, so we cast spells on each other. My character is Maddie; the mean, popular head cheerleader (AKA a panther). She loves bossing people around and she loves shoes and shopping.
7. Are you anything like your character in real life?
I do love going shopping, shoes, going to the beach and hanging out with my friends, but I never boss people around and I’m not mean because that’s disrespectful and rude.
8. What was your reaction when you found out you received the role?
I was jumping up and down and screaming because I was so excited and I told all of my friends. I started packing my bags right away!
9. What can fans expect to see from the show?
Be prepared and be on your toes for a lot more Maddie magic madness to come! (try saying that five times in a row :))
10. Are you working on anything else right now?
I’m dancing with a local dance company, working on school, and singing!
11. What do you like to do when you are not working?
I love to go shopping, hang out with my friends, go to the beach and get a tan, get mani pedis, and once again, back to shopping. 🙂
12. What is your goal for 2014?
To book a feature film and another TV show, and get on ballet pointe.
13. Is there anything you want to say to your fans who have been supporting you?
Oh yes! I want to thank them so much for watching the show and I appreciate all of their tweets and posts. They make me smile every second of the day and are so supportive and caring and fun. I love them!
14. What are your social media accounts?
My twitter is @parisstweets and my Instagram is @pariwinky.