Interview with Madeleine Coghlan
1. How did you get your start in the entertainment industry?
When I was about five years old, I booked an orange juice commercial audition with my mom, and ever since then I was hooked(on acting, not orange juice, although I have nothing against it.)
2. Can you tell us about what it’s like being the host of Radio Disney’s new skit show “Maddy and Chase?”
It’s an absolute blast. We also host the Radio Disney Morning Show every week day, so we have all of these opportunities to discover new concepts for episodes. We spend a lot of time brainstorming and working with a creative team to develop and produce these ideas. A lot of the show is improv based which allows us to play different characters and discover fun things in the moment.
3. What’s your favorite part about working on the project?
I was talking about it the other day, with my friend and writing partner, Chase, about just how much we get to laugh when we’re working. That’s the best part; going in to work and knowing that our faces are going to hurt from laughing so much. It’s a rare thing to have such creative freedom in a job, and I feel really lucky to work somewhere that gives us the opportunity to make our crazy ideas come to life.
4. Do you have any other upcoming projects?
I do have a couple projects in the works. I can’t say much more yet, but I’m very excited!
5. Can you shout out your social media accounts?
I’m on instagram @maddyc17 and you can also follow @maddyandchase to keep updated on our show!