Interview With Ozie “ZMNY” Nzeribe! (@ZMNY4Real)
1. How did you get your start in the entertainment industry?
I’ve been rapping since I was really young about 6 or 7 and performed at weddings and small parties. At age 11, I wrote my first song, “Hatter Free”.
2. Can you tell us about your first single “Hater Free”?
Seeing my peers being bullied at school motivated me to write and “Hater Free” was inspired out of that.
3. Who are your musical influences?
Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, and Sean Kingston were my first idols. Now it’s Chance The Rapper, Ayo and Teo, Nicki Minaj, Amigos, and Cardi B.
4. What is the recording process like for you?
Recording has always been a fun feeling for me, although very challenging at first, but as time went on, it became easier. The sight of those huge equipments can be quiet intimidating. Lol.
5. Who would you want to collaborate with in the future?
My top 10 are Ayo and Teo, Chance The Rapper, Cardi B, Logic, Rae Sremmurd, Skylar Stecker, Niki Minaj, 21 Savage, Migos, and Kid Ink.
6. What makes you different from other artists?
My lyrics are clean, inspirational but fun at the same time. Also, my songs are a combination of hip hop and afrobeat , hence from an African descendent.
7. Do you have any acting projects you can tell us about?
At the moment I’ve been going to auditions and some of them are looking quite promising but I’m open to any offers laid in front of me. The TV shows ‘Power” and ‘Empire’ are my first targets. I met the crew at their premiere and they loved me, so in my prayers always.
8. What are your social media accounts?
Zmny4real for all my accounts including my website, Spotify, iTunes, and Soundcloud.