Interview With Kevin Caliber From Hulu’s “Future Man” (@KevinCaliberLA)
1. How did you get your start in acting?
I started acting in high school theatre in small roles. I fell in love with performing in front of audiences on the musical stage in a rock band. After the band broke up, I concentrated on acting full time.
2. What was your first project?
The first project that I was ever a part of was a pilot shot in my hometown of St. Louis, MO that was in the vein of “Modern Family”. The pilot never got picked up but it gave me a taste of being in front of the camera so I moved to Los Angeles the first chance I got.
3. How would you describe your character in “Future Man”?
My character in Future Man is the best friend of Wolf (played by Derek Wilson) when he time travels to the 80s. We get extremely close to say the least. So it is a very nostalgic period piece and a lot of fun!
4. What was it like getting to work with Josh Hutcherson?
Josh was a very down to earth guy that always had a positive attitude no matter how crazy of antics he was asked to do. He trusted the writers and did not hold back!
5. How did you land the role?
I was aware of the project for a few years. I am a big fan and follow the upcoming projects of the producers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg. When I got the audition, it was something I was very excited about. Getting the call from my agent that they liked what I brought to the character, I knew I was in for some fun!
6. How is this project different from others you’ve previously worked on?
Most of the projects I work on are with new directors and lower budget producers. This was the first project I have been fortunate to be a part of that had such an established creative team of comedic geniuses.
7. What can you tell us about your role on “The Haves and the Have Nots”?
In the upcoming season, I play a private security guard named Leo that is brought into the Cryer household only to find himself caught in the middle of the family drama. That is one family that has major issues.
8. Do you have any other upcoming projects that your fans can look forward to?
“Ugly Sweater Party” is a holiday horror-comedy that everybody needs to keep an eye out for this holiday season!
9. What are your social media accounts?