Interview With Silence The Radio! (@STRofficialRI)
We recently had the chance to chat with the talented guys of Silence the Radio in an exclusive interview. During the interview, they talked about getting their start in the entertainment industry, musical influences, their new EP, “Friendly Neighborhood Nightmares”, and more!
- How did you get your start in the music industry?
We all started playing together back in 2015, and since then we’ve playing recording and performing in the Providence music scene.
- How would you describe your sound?
Pop Rock with a little more Alternative mixed in.
- Who are your musical influences?
Green Day, the Wonder Years, the Ramones, the Story So Far. There are too many to list.
- What makes you stand out from other bands?
We’ve got a less traditional pop punk sound. It’s not really a style you hear much nowadays.
- What can you tell us about your upcoming EP?
Our new EP, “Friendly Neighborhood Nightmares”, is available now on all music streaming services (iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, etc.). You can also watch the video for the titular track online!
- What was the recording process like?
It was great as always. We record with our friend Chris Piquette at No Boundaries Studios and have a great chemistry when writing and tracking.
- How will it be different from other music that you’ve created in the past?
It’s completely different from our first EP. It’s a lot more pop rock influenced and has more anthem type choruses.
- How did you come up with the name for the band?
JACK: My friend used to tell me a story about Kurt Cobain turning a radio all the way down before his first suicide attempt. I’m pretty sure the story was bulls***, but the concept still stuck with me.
- Do you have any other upcoming projects?
Keep an eye out for some special releases coming sometime this month.
- What are your social media accounts?
Click HERE to subscribe to see more of Silence The Radio on our channel in the future!