Interview With ABC’s “Child Support” Star Jordyn Curet! (@JordynCuret)
Photo Credit: LMR Publicity
We recently had the chance to chat with ABC’s “Child Support” star Jordyn Curet. During the interview, Jordyn talked about getting her start in the entertainment industry, working on “Child Support”, guest starring on Disney Channel’s “Bizaardvark”, and more!
1. How did you get your start in the entertainment industry?
Since a very young age, I have loved modeling, signing, dancing and performing. I was introduced to an LA agent at the age of 18 months and started learning and developing my skills and have not looked back.
2. How did you land your role on “Child Support” on ABC?
I did 4 auditions prior to being flown to NYC with 19 other kids for the final cut. It was such an amazing experience in NYC with the entire Child Support cast and production team. Ricky Gervais made it one to remember!
3. What is the show about? The Show is a combination of “Who Wants to be a Millionaire” and “Smarter than a 5th grader”. Fred Savage was the host and each correct answer would allow the contestant to earn more money. If they missed the question, Ricky Gervais was in the Boardroom with a panel of kids who would answer the same question. If answered correctly, they could save the contestant. We even saved a contested to win a $100,000. It was so much fun!
4. Who is your character? We each play ourselves. This was unscripted and unrehersaed.
5. What is your favorite thing about your character? I really enjoyed cheering my friends on and being in a team environment. We laughed, cheered each other on and yes, made Ricky me laugh!
6. What was it like getting to be a guest star on “Bizaardvark”? Being on Bizaardvark was a dream come True. I have grown up watching Disney shows and just to have the opportunity to be a co-star on the show was life changing.
7. What was a typical day like on-set? The morning would start out with several hours of school. I then would work with the acting coach, check in with wardrobe, go to hair and make-up before going to set. Time goes so fast and each day was such a great learning experience. I love being on set!
8. Do you have a favorite project that you’ve worked on so far? That is a tough question. I would have to say, each project is rewarding in its own way. From Commercials, Print campaigns, Television, Music Video to recently being a part of a Feature Film, each provides me the opportunity to expand my skills and embrace my characters.
9. When and where can fans watch “Child Support”? You can find the 6 episodes of the show on line since the official season just ended on ABC. We are all rooting for a show to get picked up for a second season.
10. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not working? I enjoy playing tennis, riding my bike, going to the movies/theater, playdates with friends, and making slime!
11. What is one place you want to travel to? I would love to travel to Africa. I have it listed on my vision board and I am determined to make it happen.
12. What is your dream role? My dream role would be where I would be able to act, sing and dance!
13. Do you have any other upcoming projects? Last week I just finished working on a supporting role in a Feature Film that will be released at the end of the year. It was beyond amazing to work with the cast on this project!! I pinched myself every day on set. I also just finished a Music Video that is currently on the film festival circuit.
14. What are your social media accounts? Yes, you can follow me on IG: @jordyncuret_ Twitter: @jordyncuret FB: @jordyncuret IMDB: Jordyn Curet
Subscribe to see more of Jordyn on our channel!