“Get With You Alone” Singer Dearly Talks Music And More In Exclusive Interview! (@ItsDearly)
Photo Credit: Acacia Evans
We recently had the chance to chat with “Get With You Alone” singer Dearly, previously known as Amanda Jones, about her new single, music, and more!
- How did you get your start in the entertainment industry?
I spent years as an independent pop singer/ songwriter, opening for nationally touring acts when they came through my hometown! I made a twitter account and started posting music for free download online and it all kind of took off from there.
- Who are your musical influences?
Lana Del Rey, Charli XCX, Verite
- How would you describe your sound?
- What inspired your single “Get With You Alone?”
I worked with a co-writer Caleb Turman on this track- for me the song was inspired by that feeling of wanting someone that already has a lover, and wishing they would change their mind and choose you instead…wondering if they think of you the way you think of them.
- What was the recording process like?
Some parts took forever to track, but most of the song went super smoothly. I think when recording this one I was finally getting my vibe/ groove down for how I wanted my new project to sound like so overall it went well!
- How will your new music be different from your previous work?
It’s indie pop instead of straight up pop- i feel like the lyrics are deeper/ tell stronger stories, and it all flows together with who i’ve become as a person/ artist over the last few years. I want my songs and who I am as an artist to tell a story, and i’m really happy with everything i’ve been able to create so far- music, and social media- content wise.
- What do you think makes you stand out from other artists?
I have a solid brand as an artist and am working hard to authentically
- Will you be collaborating with any other artists in the future?
I love cowriting and collaborating, and will definitely be in the near future!
- Are you working on anything else at the moment?
I’m working on new music and content- stay tuned over the next couple months, i’m really excited for what’s to come!
- What are your social media accounts?
You can find me on twitter, instagram and facebook @itsdearly
Subscribe to see more of Dearly on our channel!