Netflix’s “On My Block” Star Diego Tinoco Talks Filming And More In Exclusive Interview! (@DiegoTinocoTwit)
Photo Credit: Collin Stark
We recently had the opportunity to chat with Netflix “On The Block” star Diego Tinoco about landing his role, filming the show, upcoming projects, and more!
- How did you land your role on “On My Block?”
Luckily, I was at the right place, right time, with the right training and my team sent me some material for an audition for this “untitled” Netflix show.
- What was your reaction when you found out you landed the role?
I was so excited and grateful. I called my parents, brother and best friends and thanked God for blessing me.
- Who do you play?
Cesar Diaz. A kid born into rough circumstances, nevertheless has a huge heart.
- How are you similar and different to your character?
Similar: Both in love with the idea of love. Both are hopeless romantics.
Different: I wouldn’t want to be an architect when I grow up. I would’ve wanted to be a writer if I wasn’t acting.
- How is he different from others you’ve portrayed in the past?
I’ve worked on a few plays, Cesar is definitely the most relatable character I’ve encountered and have learned so much from this role and grown as a person and actor from working on it.
- What is “On My Block” about?
On My Block is the story of 4 best friends growing up in south central Los Angeles who go through the whole experience of growing up and discovering themselves while trying to save Cesar from involving himself in with a gang.
- What has been your favorite episode to film so far?
Episode 5. Loved filming all the action and running scenes.
- What is a typical day like on-set?
Everyday on set is literally like paradise.
- What is a behind the scenes secret you could share with us?
Hmm. Sierra Capri can take a nap anywhere at anytime. I admire it. It’s like a super power haha
- Do you hang out with the rest of the cast when you’re not working?
Yes. We hang out on and off set. We all live in different states so we all usually just FaceTime.
- Where can fans watch the show?
- What do you enjoy doing when you’re not working?
I love reading, working out, making music, and late night beach trips, and overall just hanging with friends and family loving life.
- Do you have any advice for aspiring actors?
It’s all possible. You’re not as far from your dream as it may seem. Take the jump.
- Are you working on any other projects at the moment?
Working on many other projects at the moment. Some with acting, some in other arts, that will be coming soon!
- What are your social media accounts?
Subscribe to see more of Diego on our channel!