Interview With “Being Black Enough” Star Trinity Marquez
We had the opportunity to chat with the lovely Trinity Marquez of “Being Black Enough” during this exclusive interview. Check it out below!
1. How did you get your start in the entertainment industry? –
I got started with John Robert Powers, then I moved to Los Angeles. I just started building up from there. I first I met a publicist, then I started going to red carpet events and that’s really how I got started in the entertainment industry.
2. When did you realize you wanted to be an entertainer?
When I was six years old I saw the movie called “Selena” (played by Jennifer Lopez) and ever since then I’ve always wanted to be in the business.
3. Who are your inspirations?
I don’t really have one inspiration, as I get inspired by a lot of people.
4. What was your first major project?
My first major project was a short film called “Scribble” and that was pretty big because that film went to many film festivals! Japan, Florida , and OFC in Los Angeles just to name a few. At the Japan festival, I won Best Child Actress.
5. What has been your favorite project that you’ve worked on so far and why?
My favorite project would have to be my movie called “Being Black Enough” (aka “How To Kill A Black Man.) Everyone was so nice and I met the director’s family, which was great.
6. How long have you been dancing and what do you like best about it? – I’ve been dancing since I was 7 and I love it! Every time I dance I don’t have to worry about anything…It’s just me. I’m being me and I feel the music when I dance which makes me happy. When you dance it’s like you’re telling a story with your dance-like freestyle, your moves make you feel the music and the music just speaks to you.
7. What is the best part about being part of a dance team?
The best part of being on a dance team is the bond that we all have. I love choreographing my own dance routines because that’s what I want to do in the future–be a choreographer.
8. Are you currently working on any projects that your fans can look forward to?
Yes I am working on a project, I am working on a couple dance videos at the moment and I can’t wait to see how they turn out.
9. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not working?
I enjoy hanging out with friends, dancing, eating a lot, and listening to music.
10. Do you have anything fun planned for the summer?
My plan is to take great pictures, maybe start a YouTube channel, and just have fun!!
11. What are your social media accounts?
My social media accounts are Instagram: @babytrin and Snapchat: trinity.marquez
Subscribe to see more of Trinity!