Interview With Amazon’s “Pride The Series” Star Ashley Mitchell! (@AshleyErinM)
We had the chance to speak with Amazon’s “Pride the Series” star Ashley Mitchell about producing and acting, working on “General Hospital”, upcoming projects, and more!
1. How did you get started in the entertainment industry?
I’m a singer and I studied opera in college.
2. What was your first big project?
I was in the opera “The Magic Flute” in Rome, Italy.
3. What has the experience been like for you of both producing and acting on Amazon’s “PRIDE the SERIES” ?
It’s been a very interesting, fun and a learning experience. To birth an idea and develop it all the way to the camera is very rewarding and it has only strengthened me as an all around artist.
4. How would you describe your character?
Trina is work in progress. She struggles with her sobriety and family issues from the past. But she is stronger than she thinks and that strength will be tested in the upcoming episodes.
5. Why do you think the series has done so well? What makes it stand out from other shows?
I think Pride has been successful because of our honesty and diversity. Representation matters and we try to be as inclusive as possibly to tell honest stories that people can relate to.
6. How did you land your role on “General Hospital”?
I’m friends with the Executive Producer Frank Valentini and expressed to him that I would love to be a part of the show.
7. What was your reaction when you found out you booked the part?
I was ecstatic because this was my first time on a major network and I finally joined the union.
8. What is something most people wouldn’t know about the show?
That a lot of the cast knew each other beforehand and went to college together in Texas.
9. Are you working on any other projects you’d like to your fans to know about?
I am singing with Essential Voices performing at Carnegie Hall. The next concert will be some time in the Fall.
10. What are your social media accounts?
Subscribe to see more of Ashley on our channel!