Interview With Spencer Sutherland! (@SpencerMusic1)
- How did you get your start in the music industry?
I started out singing in restaurant and posting YouTube covers. I reached out everyday to dozens of people looking to collaborate. Eventually it led me to getting a small chance at a show and I’ve built from there!
- How would you describe your sound?
Left of center pop with soul.
- What do you think makes you stand out from other artists?
I think that I don’t try to make “hit songs.” That’s why my stuff sounds different because I let the song kinda be what it’s going to be. Sometimes that comes out weird but I like a little weird.
- Have you released any new music recently?
I just released my new single “Sweater” and the response has been Crazy!
- What inspires your music?
Stuff I’m going through or have gone through in my life. Also poking fun at how not serious life is.
- Who are your musical influences?
Bruno Mars, Elvis, Marvin Gaye, Green Day.
- If you could collaborate with another artist, who would it be and why?
Bruno because it would be legendary. I love his writing and production vibe so I think it would be a cool fit.
- You recently had a show in NYC, what was that experience like?
I’m currently about to have one! Haven’t had it yet but I assume it’ll be insane.
- What is your favorite part about performing?
The energy is insane. I love feeding off of the crowd!
- Have you ever had a crazy or most memorable fan experience?
Honestly I’ve had too many to nail down one. My fans are die hard and the beat people. The best is when they drive across the country for a show!
- Do you have any other upcoming shows or projects you’d like to share with us?
I have a new single coming on 2/22 as well as a spring tour!
- Do you have any major goals for 2019?
Just to continue touring a lot and continue being happy!
- What do you enjoy doing when you’re not working?
Playing basketball or just kicking it watching friends.
- What are your social media handles?
Subscribe to see more of Spencer on our channel!