Painted Young Talks New EP “I’m Not Gonna Wait” In Exclusive Interview! (@PaintedYoung)
- How is your upcoming EP “I’m Not Gonna Wait” differ from other projects you’ve previously released?
Well most obviously, it’s my first solo release. All of the instruments and parts you hear were done myself. I think that this EP is more diverse than the previous one and it’s also a clearer indicator of where I want Painted Young’s music to go.
- How did you select which songs to include on the album?
Well initially, I wanted to make a full-length LP. However, I didn’t exactly have the time or the budget to do it. So instead, I took some songs from the album that felt more out of place and compiled them into this EP. I honestly didn’t expect the combination of songs to sound as unified as it does.
- Do you have.a favorite song? Or which song do you think fans are going to enjoy the most?
Right now, my favorite song on the EP is “Needle in a Haystack.” As simple as the song is, it’s bouncy, dancy, and just really fun to play live. Since the release of “The Madhouse,” fans have been responding to it really well. I’ve already played it live at some shows and the crowd reaction has been great!
- How do you think your sound differs from that of other bands?
When I write music, I don’t exactly aim to be all that different from everyone else. I just take from my inspirations and create what I want to. I will say that I tend to see my music as the “pop” side of pop punk. A lot of my melodies are very catchy with fairly simple chord progressions under them. Also people have admitted to me that my songs get stuck in their heads sometimes.
- Are you going to be hosting any events or doing any touring to promote the EP?
On April 13, I’ll be having an EP release show at the Asbury Park Music Foundation in Asbury Park, NJ! This EP is special to me in that it’s my solo debut as well as the first Painted Young release in 4 years. It’s been long overdue and this show is a way for me to celebrate my long-awaited transition into the next chapter.
- When and where can fans purchase or stream the EP?
The EP is currently available for pre-order on iTunes! On April 12, it will be available on every music platform you can think of. Spotify, iTunes, Amazon Music, Google Play, etc.
- Are you currently working on any other projects you’d like to share with us?
I’m always writing whenever I get the chance. I’ve already started making demos for my next release! Hopefully these songs will become my first full-length LP. Only time will tell!
- What do you guys do as a band when you’re not writing or recording?
I always try to hang out with my close friends whenever I can. Otherwise I’m working at my movie theater job.
- What are your social media platforms?
Subscribe to see more of Painted Young on our channel!