Mayve Talks Upcoming Single “Slide” In Exclusive Interview! (@MayveMusic)
1. What was the inspiration behind your new single “Slide”?
Koinophobia – the fear of living an ordinary life. “Slide” follows the tempo of a mind left to wander. One that slips into a downward spiral and denies the tangibility of our most ineffable moments.
2. How is this single different from other songs you’ve released in the past?
Usually, our songs tend to have a lighter heart but “Slide” shows us that not every story gets a happy ending. It’s a bit darker in comparison to our other songs.
3. Can you explain to us the creative process you went through?
What sparked the whole idea for “Slide” is the bass slide we hear in the beginning of the track. To me, it was a sound that represented a struggle in balance. Lyrically, the song follows a theme of trying not to slip into dark patterns and depression. Around the time we recorded this song, I remember having similar emotions. I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to complete the demo before entering the studio and going to work. I find myself going back and listening to “Slide” the most out of the three we recorded. The whole process still feels like a blur to me. There’s something mysterious to it and I’m still trying to figure out exactly what it is.
4. What is the one thing you’d want fans to take away from the single?
I want it to be a song someone will play as they get ready for their night. It can be played in the background as the person’s plans might be abstract at the moment… whether they’re meeting up with some friends for a drink or going on a long drive to nowhere, I think “Slide” can set the tone for either scenario.
5. Do you have any other upcoming singles or any EPs or full length albums in the works?
Yes, we will have more music out this year.
6. Will you be touring or appearing at any events to promote the single?
We’re hosting an event August 16th to celebrate the new single and video. Us, along with some friends, will be playing a show near our home town. Details are still pending so follow us on our socials for updates.
7. Do you have any other projects you’d like to share with us?
We are working on a lot of new material for MAYVE as well as some side projects. We’re hoping by the time our next single is out and we have the opportunity to talk again, we will have some names and places to hear them.
8. What are your social media accounts?
Subscribe to see more of Mayve on our channel!
Make sure to check out the single on July 26!