Madelyn Miranda Talks “Dora And The Lost City Of Gold” In Exclusive Interview!
Photo Credit: Shandon Photography and Jennifer Miranda.
1. What was the audition process like for “Dora And The Lost City of Gold”?
The audition process was having several different auditions with casting. The first one was just like any other audition. The second one was more of an interview with casting. Then the last one was with several different boy roles for young Diego and also the director was in the room.
2. What is it like knowing that you’re going to be portraying a reincarnation of such an iconic character?
I’m so proud to be portraying Dora who is such an iconic character. People from all over the world know and love Dora. When I was a little girl I use to pretend I was her. I had a Dora doll that would sing and dance and I also had a Dora microphone that I would use to sing her songs.
3. What was your reaction when you found out you booked the part?
When my mom came home she had my agent and manager on the phone and they all told me I booked it. I couldn’t believe it. I was speechless and felt like I was dreaming. Then knowing that I would be traveling to Australia to film the movie was so exciting.
4. Have you ever watched the original show?
I grew up watching Dora the Explorer and I remember singing and dancing to her songs. I even had a birthday with the Dora theme and I had a piñata of Dora and I really didn’t want to hit it. That was pretty funny.
5. What was your favorite scene to film?
My favorite scene to film was when I was in a pretend remote controlled jeep and I had to say “swiper no swiping”. I had a lot of fun that day.
6. Do you have any behind-the-scenes secrets you can share with us?
Most of the time behind the scenes was just spent with Malachi playing catch and joking around. All of the crew was so nice. One of the crew members would make up songs with us and we would all sing together.
7. How do you think fans are going to react to the film?
I think everyone will love this film. Its a great summer movie for all ages with lots of adventure. Its also a very funny movie and sad at times.
8. When and where can fans watch?
Dora and the lost city of gold will be releasing in the United States Aug. 9th and tickets are on sale now.
9. Are you working on any other projects?
I’m always going out on new projects and hopefully will have good news to share with everyone soon.
10. What are your social media handles?
You can find me on Instagram @madelynmirandaofficial
Subscribe to see more of Madelyn on our channel!