Interview With Niki And Gabi! (@NikiDemar)(@GabCake)
1. How did you get your start on YouTube?
Niki: We didn’t fit in at high school and we started making videos before YouTube. We would remake music videos, we had a channel called the remake girls. Eventually that lead to our channel Niki & Gabi Beauty which now has evolved to just Niki & Gabi.
Gabi: We would post videos of us singing, remake songs and started a channel doing that.
2. How are you and your videos different from other youtube personalities?
Niki: We are twins, we are similar yet different, especially our styles. Our fans relate to either Gabi or I but at the end of the day they all come together supporting us. It’s about uniting girls.
Gabi: I don’t sugar coat anything.
3. What is your favorite video on your channel?
Niki: Kendall & Kylie exposed
Gabi: Kendall & Kylie exposed
4. Can you tell us what it was like being a part of the “Girls Night In” Tour?
Gabi: It was life changing and it was something I didn’t think I could do.
Niki: It was the best thing I did in 2016 and my favorite memory. When it ended it was hard to go back to “normal life” because normal life had become living on a bus. Our “normal” is always changing I guess.
5. What was your favorite city?
Gabi: Kansas City
Niki: San Francisco
6. Would you ever go on a tour again or host one of your own?
Niki: Yes! I want to do a tour with our own original music.
Gabi: Yes! I would love to host one of our own.
7. Can you tell us about your single “First?”
Gabi: It’s a song I wrote a few years ago as a middle school perspective. I re-vamped it to a 21 year-old perspective going through a break up.
Niki: Gabi wrote the song years ago and I couldn’t relate to it, it was just on a different level. She rewrote it with a different melody and some new lyrics for the verses and I was able to apply it to what was going on in my life post break up. It became my go to song, the one I would listen to all the time in the car. I feel like the song can apply to so many different age groups.
8. What was it like filming the music video for that?
Gabi: It was fun putting visual to music that I had written years ago.
Niki: This was our first time using male actors. There was a lot of goofing around, we had a lot of fun. This was our first music video with a more grown-up aesthetic.
9. Is music something you really want to do in 2017?
Niki: Yeah! Gabi has a lot more songs she’s written and we are hoping to put together an EP/album in 2017.
Gabi: Yes! Absolutely!
10. Are you working on any upcoming projects?
Gabi: Music definitely!
Niki: Working on music and there’s a lot of original stuff coming out with YouTube, our music and scripted stuff.
11. What are your social media accounts?
Niki: Twitter- NikiDemar