Interview With Ellarose Kaylor! (@EllaRoseKaylor)
Photo Credit: Todd Dutkevitch
We recently had the chance to chat with Ellarose Kaylor from YouTube’s “The Dab Off.” During the interview, Ellarose talks about getting her start in the business, her role of “The Dab Off”, favorites activities to do when she is not working, and more!
1. How did you get your start in the entertainment industry? –
I started doing plays when I was super little and then did some modeling.
2. What was your first project?
My first project was a play for a theater in Studio City and we did the play Annie.
3. How did you land your role on YouTube’s ” The Dab Off”?
I was at an event at Youtube and met the YouTuber that was chosen by Elizabeth Banks and WhoHaha for the Women of Comedy series to make the show she wrote and directed. Her name was Jamie Grace. She hired me a week later.
4. What is the show about?
It is about a musician that gets stuck babysitting bratty kids and she really doesn’t want to admit she is a babysitter.
5. Who do you play?
I play the bratty little sister, Ella.
6. How are you similar and different from your character?
I woud never speak to anyone the way Ella speaks to her babysitter and her brother. She is really bratty and rude. I am sarcastic sometimes but never that rude.
7. What has been your favorite episode to film?
The first one!
8. How would you describe the set in 3 words?
Funky, colorful and small.
9. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not working?
I am a competitive ice skater so I spend an lot of my week at the ice skating rink in classes and privates.
10. What is your dream role?
I want to be on on a TV show or movie where I can show many different parts of my personality.
11. What is a fun fact about yourself?
I love to make Challenge YouTube videos with my best friend Mollie!
12. We know you’re a competitive ice skater so what is your favorite trick to do on the ice?
My favorite jump is the Toe Loop and my favorite spin is scratch spin.
13. Which do you prefer acting or skating?
I love them both.
14. Do you have any other upcoming projects?
I am in a short film coming out soon. I have to have portray a lot of different emotions and I am excited to showcase my ability of crying on camera.
I also just joined the synchronized ice skating team and we just won first place so I am heading to Nationals in Chicago this April.
15. What are your social media accounts?
Subscribe to see more of Ellarose on our channel!