Get To Know The Urban Morgan Family In Our Exclusive Interview (@UrbanMorgans)
We recently had the chance to chat with the Urban Morgan Family about their start in the entertainment industry, working on “Real Kids of Hollywood” and more! Check it out!
- How did you get your start in the entertainment business?
My husband and I was already in the business when we met. I was a stylist/designer for hiphop artist Mike Jones & UGK. Raoul was a hype man/performer in a rap group called Chamillionaire. We met on set of his video for Grammy award winning song, “Riding Dirty”! This led us to getting married, having children and still wanting to be fulfilled in our careers. We decided to move from Texas to California 7 years ago to pursue acting.
- How does the industry bring your family together?
The industry is a huge blessing for my family. It allows us to maintain our old school values of working together to sustain our lifestyle. Allowing my children to earn and save money towards the future goals.
- What has been the most well-known projects some members have participated in?
We have a movie directed by Sia called, “Sister”with 3 principle Children Ramiah, Raphael, & Ramirah, also Raoul(papa), Romello, Ramiro & myself Fatimah has featured roles in it slated to be out this year. Keevonne has a principle, “Head and Shoulders” as a hero kid of Odell Beckham Jr. commercial that’s been airing for 3years. Ramiah had a very controversial principle skit on,”Ellen” as lil Nicki Minaj. Ramiah, Keevonne, Raoul London, Ryan have a principle roles on IMDB in other projects. As for myself Fatimah I have IMDB for projects I’ve costume designed and as a Actress.
- What is the best piece of advice you can give to aspiring actors?
My best advice is do all you can in this industry,” background to foreground” consistency is key, nurture your craft, take those classes have thick skin and one day you’ll get the yes you’ve been working so hard for -be patient.
- Would you ever all consider doing a project together?
Yes, we love doing projects together! We currently booked a pilot together called RKOH(Real Kids Of Hollywood) and in the works of our own scripted T.V. Show!
- Are you working on anything at the moment? Yes. Raoul is regular bartender on, “I’m dying up here” Season 2. Fatimah booked a principle GE Commercial with Ramiah, and I have a Fashion Show May 26 at California African American Musuem debuting my FeFe Bey “Cute not Cold” fall/winter 2018 Collection featuring men and women. Keevonne booked a principle, “Under Armor” Commercial. We all 11 of us are still currently filming Real Kids of Hollywood pilot.
- Do you have any fun summer plans?
We are planning to continue our quest of discovering this beautiful state-California! We’re going to spend some time in a cabin on the lake in Big Bear.
- Where can fans follow you on social media?
Our Instagram is @UrbanMorgans my business as a designer IG is @fefebey, Facebook: FeFe Bey & Urbanmorgans,
Subscribe to see more on our channel!