Interview With “Lethal Weapon” Star Chase Mangum! (@Chase_Mangum)
Photo Credit: Amy Graves
- How did you land your role on “Lethal Weapon”?
My awesome manager Terrie Marroquin at Tlynn Talent called my mom and said she found a great role for me and that I had to put myself on tape right away. Jon D’Aquino a wonderful acting coach in Los Angeles worked with me and put me on tape. I could not have done it without them.
- What was your reaction when you found out you booked the part?
I could not stop jumping up and down. I couldn’t believe it. I was already a huge fan of the show. I couldn’t wait to get started.
- How would you describe your character?
He is very different from me which made him so fun to play. Riggs had a tough life and was raised only by his alcoholic father.
- What has been your favorite episode to film?
I got to drive a corvette on the show it was so much fun. It was a huge car chase scene with stunt drivers and everything. I’ll never forget it. I told my parents that I want a corvette when I turn 16 and they just laughed at me. Oh well.
- What is a behind-the-scenes secret you can share with us?
The actor Rex Linn who played my dad on the show was incredible. He was so encouraging and positive. He rehearsed every scene with me and gave me pointers. In every scene he was beating and yelling at me and when they called cut he would high five me and give me compliments. He is one of my favorite actors. I’ve never met a nicer and more talented guy.
- Why do you think the project has done so well?
The writing of the show is so wonderful and the actors are amazing.
- What has been your favorite episode to film so far?
I love them all. Each one has a fun and different challenge.
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I love music. I play bass in the band TBD. I’ve been in the band for 3 years. I also play the drums in marching band at my high school and play piano and guitar.
- What is something most fans wouldn’t know about you?
I enjoy skate boarding all around my neighborhood. It just helps to clear my mind.
- Do you have any other projects you can share with us?
I recently did an episode of The Goldbergs. I played Psycho Mickowitz. It was so much fun. The cast and crew were so nice and made me feel welcomed. I’m also in a TV pilot Take From the Top that is appearing and winning many festivals.
- What are your social media handles?
Subscribe to see more of Chase on our channel!