TREMENDOUS Talks New Single “Open For Closing” In Exclusive Interview! (@TremendousRocks)
- How did you get your first start in the Music Industry?
Well I started playing guitar around 13. Bands with friends that kinda stuff, just learning together really.
- What was your first major song?
I guess it was the first single “Like Dreamers Do” It was major to me anyway. It was recorded at this beautiful studio in Sweden over three days, then back to the UK to London for extra overdubs and Mastering.
- How would you describe it?
It is very 60’s Dream-pop sounding. I wanted the production to sound dated, almost cheesy in parts.
4.How would you describe your sound?
We are heavily influenced on T.Rex, early Bowie, Mott The Hoople, Slade etc. Lots of the great Glam Rock acts from the early 70’s.
- How has your sound changed since the beginning of your career?
We began our journey as TREMENDOUS early 2018, so just over a year. I guess we are a lot tighter and we’ve added more keyboards to the sound.
- What can you tell us about “Open For Closing” the new single?
It’s a lot harder sounding compared to the last singles. The guitars are more saturated. Expect lot’s of Beach Boy backing vocals and big build ups.
- How is it different from the other singles?
It was recorded by Gavin Monaghan known for his work with Kings Of Leon, Robert Plant and The Editors. It’s a very anthemic sounding record, with hints of 80’s US Stadium Rock. Which is unusual for us as our musical influences tend not go past 1976.
- What can fans expect from the upcoming album “Relentless”?
Lots of good honest, hard hitting, pompous, posturing Glam Rock!
- Will you be doing any touring or events to promote the album?
Yeah lots more shows and radio interviews closer to the release in September.
- Are you working on any other projects?
No just this, nothing else is TREMENDOUS enough 😉
- What are your social media handles?
Subscribe to see more on our channel!