Dario Talks “Don’t Let Me Go”, Relationship Advice, and more!
Photo credit: Abis Akolawala
We recently had the chance to speak with glam rocker Dario about his single “Don’t Let Me Go” which discusses important issues such as abusive relationships. Dario also spills about the involved writing and recording process he went through to create the masterpiece. Check out the interview below!
1. What inspired “Don’t Let Me Go”? A very toxic relationship where I thought that I could change the other person, and realized that no matter how hard I tried it was never going to work. Especially when the other person does not want to change.
2. What is a piece of advice that you’d give to someone who is in a toxic relationship and finds themselves having trouble getting out? Don’t ever forget your worth! No one has the power to make you feel like less than what you are, unless you give them the power. If you know deep down inside that something doesn’t feel right, listen to that and follow your instinct. I promise, you will eventually realize that getting out was the best you could do for yourself.
3. What was the writing and recording process like for you?
It felt very vulnerable and lethargic. I was exposing a side of me I didn’t really want to face. When I was writing the song I was reliving everything in slow motion, but in the end I felt like I was able to exhale.
4. How did you develop the concept for the music video? I wanted to find a way to convey the message that no matter what happens, you can come out the other end stronger and better. In the video I show that I’m living my dream where I have to go on stage every night and give it everything. And even though I haven’t forgotten what happened, I choose to use it as motivation to keep me moving forward.
5. When and where can fans listen to the song? The song as well as the entire album is available on all streaming music sites. But if you guys wanna give my Spotify or Apple music page a stream that would be great! You can find links on my official site www.darioonline.com
6. Do you have any other upcoming projects you’d like to share with us?
My team and I are currently going over the cities I will be visiting on the Ascension Tour and I can’t wait to release the dates… so stay tuned!
7. What are your social media handles?
On Instagram and Twitter my handle is @darioonline on Facebook it’s @dariofans. Check me out let me know what you guys think!
Check out the “Don’t Let Me Go” music video below!