Interview With Actress Ava Connelly!
1. When did you realize you wanted to become an actress?
When I was about 4 I started taking commercials from tv and changing them and performing them for my family. I think I knew then I liked to perform so I kept asking to be on tv and to learn to act. My parents made me play soccer for a year and I think they hoped I would stop asking to be an actor, but I didn’t and finally they put me in classes!!
2. What was the first big project you booked?
My first big project was a SAG film called “Voices” directed by Nathaniel Nuon. I’m Emma and it’s in post production and I can’t wait to see it!!!
3. Do you remember how you felt when you received the exciting news?
It was very exciting. How I found out was I doing a word of the day for Facebook and my mom insisted the vocabulary word be booked. I normally get to choose my own words but I thought ok. While we were taping it mom said guess what you booked “Voices” and I think I pretty much went crazy running around and yelling!
4. We know you’re also a film writer, how did you start doing that?
I started writing short films after I took a workshop with Regina Moore. She gave me a notebook and told me to start writing so I did!! I love writing and telling stories!!
5. What are some of your career aspirations?
Some of my aspirations are to get a recurring role in a cool episodic plus a Marvel movie would be so incredible and to keep studying and taking classes to learn more and more.
6. Where do you see yourself in five years? Do you think you want to continue pursuing entertainment?
In 5 years I’ll be 14!! I plan to keep taking classes and I hope to book more fun films and to meet more people in the industry!
7. What is your dream role?
My dream role for tv would be a lead in a hilarious comedy that makes people laugh. For a film I’d love to get a lead role in a movie that makes a difference and makes people care more about each other.
8. Do you have any upcoming projects you can tell us about?
I actually film next weekend. Let’s just say I don’t make it, but I can’t tell more than that. But it’s scary!! And gonna be fun!!
9. Do you have any back-to-school advice?
For back to school – Study, read a lot and never get behind on homework!! Set a goal to make new friends and to help new kids be more comfortable at school.
10. What are your social media handles?
My instagram is Ava_connolly_1 and I have a Facebook page under my name Ava Connolly!!!